Unboxing the Rechargeable Kit
The first step is to open up the box. Inside your blu™ Rechargeable Kit, you’ll find:
- One blu pack, which holds three cartridges and charges your batteries on the go!
- Two blu batteries
- One car charger and USB cable
- One five-pack of the most popular blu flavor cartridges of Magnificent Menthol, Classic Tobacco or the Variety Pack!
- Fully charge the batteries and blu pack before use.
- Attach a new flavor cartridge to the battery.
- Press the blu eCigs® electronic cigarette to your lips and inhale. The blue LED light at the tip glows to let you know it’s working.
Charging the Rechargeable Pack
- The blue light on the side of your blu pack will blink about every two minutes to notify you it needs to be recharged.
- Plug your blu pack into any standard 12V DC car lighter outlet. Plug the large end of the enclosed USB cord into the car charger and the mini-USB plug at the other end of the cord into the bottom of your blu pack.
- The blue light on the pack will turn on while charging.
- The blue light will turn off once the pack is completely charged.
CAUTION: Use only the provided USB cable when charging. Using other chargers may harm your pack and can void your warranty. The Universal Car Charger is compatible with all blu packs, and is the only car charger compatible with the blu PLUS+ pack. It has a blue face plate instead of a black one. The Universal Car Charger can be purchased in our online store.
Using the Rechargeable Pack as a Battery Charger
- Once your pack is charged, remove the wrapper from one of the batteries provided in the Rechargeable Kit and place the battery in the slot marked “Charge” in your blu pack.
- The red light on the side of the pack will glow when the battery has been properly loaded into the charger and the lid has been closed.
- Once the battery is charged the red LED light will shut off. Be sure to charge both batteries that came in your Rechargeable Kit.
- Store the battery in the port until needed.
- The blue LED at the end of the battery will blink 30 times intermittently to signal that it’s ready to be recharged.
- To replace the empty battery, unscrew the battery from the cartridge.
- Grab the fresh battery from your blu pack and reattach it to the cartridge.
- Place the empty battery in the “Charge” slot on the pack.
Note: During use, the LED light will flash five times to warn you that you’re overusing your blu™ electronic cigarette and you should take a break. This does not affect performance and does not mean you should recharge.
Replacing the E-cig Cartridge
- When the cartridge no longer produces vapor, it should be replaced. A typical cartridge will last 250 puffs.
- To replace the cartridge, hold the battery with one hand and unscrew the cartridge from the battery.
- Take a new cartridge and screw it onto the battery, and you’re ready to resume.
- Simply throw the landfill-safe cartridge away.
Note: If you are leaving your blu™ electronic cigarette for a period of time and not using it, unscrew the cartridge from the battery slightly so it’s not activated while not in use. If it’s not on, it’s not on—leave the plastic cap and leaf seal on your cartridges until you are ready to use them.